Maintenance Technician (Blumenort, MB)
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for supporting the Preventive Maintenance Program and communicates between production and maintenance and will ensure equipment is maintained with minimal production interruption. The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for certain aspects of inventory management for parts required to service and maintain plant equipment.
- Perform checks and maintenance according to preventive maintenance plans on all equipment;
- Test, adjust and calibrate systems for proper performance and to ensure that repairs meet manufacturer’s specifications and the functional needs of the operation;
- Adjust, calibrate, repair or replace defective parts and components of the equipment systems;
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment;
- Conduct final inspections to ensure that all detailed work has been completed to meet safety standards;
- Provide continuous improvement suggestions to the supervisor and manager and implement those that are within your ability;
- Improve equipment availability and efficiency through quality maintenance and failure analysis.
The purpose of this job is to provide maintenance for all production related equipment and facilities while ensuring compliance with environmental rules and regulations.
This position will require someone with:
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Valid Manitoba driver’s license required
- Minimum five years’ preventive maintenance experience required
- Trade or vocational school preferred
- Prior experience with mechanical, motors/drives, conveyors
- Basic understanding of good manufacturing practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work both on a team or independently with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Work in a fast-paced agricultural environment
- Exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, crawl
Production Line Worker
Our team needs more people to join our production engineering line. We're hiring full-time, shifts vary between morning and evening.
You will possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize, pay great attention to detail, like to work in a fast-paced environment and enjoy ending the day with the feeling of a job well done. The production positions require the ability to lift up to 30 lbs on a regular basis, the ability to stand for extended periods of time, as well as bending and walking. You will be able to handle a dusty environment created from the production of straw products.
We offer a competitive starting salary with a structured bonus and salary schedule, shift premiums, and offer a comprehensive benefits package. We encourage personal growth and advancement within the company.
If you are interested in the production line position, we encourage you to forward your resume to us.